Social Media Intern - Madison, WI
Grow the Global Women's Leadership Network and Busia Compassionate Centre orphanage programs through social media initiatives to increase publicity and donations, as well as explore and develop strategic partnerships to support the programs.
Conduct a competitive analysis of similar programs.
- Research social media platforms of program members and donors to determine what platforms they use and how to communicate with them more effectively.
- Customize and maintain online presence of each program through multiple website and social media platforms.
Demonstrated experience, familiarity and ease with online social networking.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct interviews and write compelling stories.
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with website design and editing.
- Intermediate-to-advanced language capability in Spanish.
- Commitment to quality, accuracy and detail.
- Disciplined, detail-oriented and accountable.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
Preferred Skills & Knowledge:
Bachelor's degree and/or at least three years of work experience in business, international development, journalism, communications or related field.
- Experience working and/or living in a developing country with demonstrated cultural sensitivity and application.
- Non-profit fundraising experience.
- Familiarity with SEO techniques.
- Demonstrated ability in photography.
Desired Coursework: Background in business, international development, journalism, social media, communications or related field.
SCHEDULE: 40 hours per week, Monday–Friday.
PAY RATE: $10 – $13/hour.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and can be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management deems necessary.
Forward resume and cover letter, including salary requirements to:
World Council of Credit Unions
Fax: (608) 338-0533
EEO AAP Employer